Monday, January 14, 2008

Yummy dinner recipes

I made dinner last night for Jeremy, Samuel, and my parents. Now that I have my energy back I wanted to make a special dinner. After searching some cooking blogs and friends' blogs, I decided to make lasagna and yeast rolls. My mom brought the salad, so I didn't have to think about that. The lasagna recipe I used was great! It isn't something you do when you only have an hour to cook, but I enjoyed making it. The Pioneer Woman Cooks has become one of my favorite blogs, and I found The Best Lasagna. Ever. Recipe. All of us enjoyed it. My dad said it tasted like gourmet lasagna, and that you couldn't get better lasagna at a restaurant. The best part of this recipe is the simple ingredients that end up tasting like gourmet even though they are far from it. Once again she didn't have a printer friendly recipe, so I made my own by cutting and pasting. If you send me an e-mail, I will send you this printer friendly recipe.

The Perfectly Easy Dinner Rolls were a treat! I've never made rolls before. I wish I had started them after lunch because they take awhile to refrigerate and then rise. Thanks to Monica for a great recipe! I can't find her post, so I will copy what I cut and pasted from her blog:

Perfectly Easy Dinner Rolls:

1 c. warm water
2 packages active dry yeast
1/2 c. butter, melted
1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. salt
4-4 1/2 c. unbleached all-purpose flour

Combine the warm water and yeast in a large bowl. Let the mixture stand until yeast is foamy, about five minutes.

Stir in butter, sugar, eggs and salt. Beat in flour, 1 c. at a time, until dough is too stiff to mix (I did not need all 4 1/2 cups). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to four days.

Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide dough into 24 equal portions. Shape into a ball and place into greased 9x13 baking pan.

Cover and let rolls rise until doubled, about one hour. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Break rolls apart and serve. Rolls will be fluffier in height if baked closer together



No comments:

Post a Comment