Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Prayer for a Mother and Daughter

I was reading the Pioneer Woman Cooks. In the comments of a cookie recipe I found a link to a random woman's blog. When I arrived at her blog, I found a big prayer request. Here are the details: There is a family living in Nags Head, NC. The wife's name is Tricia (or Pattysue to her husband), and she's only 25 years old. She has cystic fibrosis and was awaiting a double lung transplant when she found out that she was pregnant. Yesterday at 24 weeks pregnant, they did a c-section due to some complications Tricia was having. They named the baby Gwyneth, and she weighed 1lb. 6 oz.. Tricia's husband is Nate, and he is a worship leader at their church (where his dad is the pastor). Nate has a blog called Confessions of a CF Husband, which has updates on Tricia and Gwyneth's progress. Visit his blog and please keep this mother and daughter in your prayers! Tricia also has a blog; there is a link on Nate's blog. I have read enough to be inspired by this couple's faith. I have a lot to learn from them! You WILL be encouraged! Thanks for praying for them!

2 comments:

  1. I have spent the past 2.5 hours reading this man's blog, his dad's blog, her blog, etc. Man what a situation!!! His dad's blog talks about before they took her for the surgery they had to decide whether to save her or the baby if it came to that...can you imagine?!?!?!?! All these stories weigh so heavy on me. I feel so lucky to have our health and honestly wish everyone did.

    ReplyDelete