Saturday, January 12, 2008

Cookie recipe that I love

My mom used to make a great cookie when I was growing up. She called them cowboy cookies. They had oatmeal, chocolate chips, and rice cereal (Rice Krispies). I was on the Pioneer Woman Cooks and found a recipe for Oatmeal Crispies that made me think of those cowboy cookies. I just added Rice Krispies to the dough to give them a crunch. I wasn't interested in adding chocolate because I don't need... Plus, I don't give Samuel chocolate. This cookie is a hit! All 3 of us like them (4 if you include the baby).

I froze a roll of them and will make them some other time. I do recommend cooking them longer if the dough is refrigerated. They definitely weren't done in 10 minutes. More like 12 or 13. Just keep your eyes on them.

Oh, if you e-mail me, I will send the recipe that I typed using her pictures and directions since she didn't have a printer friendly version.

Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment