Sunday, August 12, 2007

Toddler recipe

Thanks to Mandi Peek for this healthy pumpkin muffin recipe. She let me copy it out of a toddler cookbook she had. The only sugar in the recipe is 1 tbsp of maple syrup. I actually added 2 tbsp. I think it could use more than 1 cup of pumpkin. Next time I'm going to try an entire can. The best part is that you don't even need a mixer to make these! I made mini muffins because they are easier for toddlers to eat. Enjoy!!!

Pumpkin Muffins

1 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup whole milk
2 eggs
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp canola oil
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup canned pumpkin

Preheat oven to 375. (I used a dark non-stick mini muffin pan, and I changed the temp to 350 after I got my first muffins too dark/hard on the bottom)

Whisk together yogurt, milk, eggs, maple syrup, and oil until smooth.

In a separate bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.

Add the yogurt mix and the pumpkin and stir well.

Bake 20 minutes. I recommend storing them in the refrigerator. I learned the hard way... They started growing things when I had them in a covered sheet cake pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment