Thursday, August 16, 2007

A must read for every Christian parent





I have a long list of books I've read this summer, and I have thoroughly enjoyed all of them (minus Quaker Summer, which was the oddest book I've ever read). As I look at that long list, I realize that the most important book on the list is Revolutionary Parenting by George Barna. It is a wonderful book because it challenges us to be the parents that the Lord would have us be. It gets down to our purpose as parents and what our goals are for our children. This isn't your average parenting book. I can promise you that. If you read it and aren't challenged, then write me and I will buy the book from you. I have plenty of people that I would love to give it to.
I would also love to do a group Bible study on this book one day. It would be very insightful to read it again with other believers.

Visit George Barna's website to learn more about him and see whether or not you are interested in the book.

Here's a description about the book from the Barna website:

"What does it take to raise a modern-day spiritual champion?

If you're like most parents, you think you're doing an okay job - and you probably believe you're doing better than most. But if your goal is to raise kids with a life-impacting faith, that may not be good enough.

Determined to learn the secrets of those who've raised spiritual champions, world-renowned researcher George Barna conducted a series of surveys and thousands of personal interviews with both young adults and their parents.

In the process, he was able to uncover a number of common denominators to parenting success. Some of his findings will encourage you; others will surprise you. But be forewarned - raising a spriritual champion takes Revolutionary Parenting."

No comments:

Post a Comment