Saturday, August 25, 2007

My grandma's apricot nectar cake

Did your grandma make a dish or dessert that you loved? When we visited Granddaddy and Grandma Drewry, my grandma always made Apricot Nectar Cake. She kept it refrigerated, and I loved it! My parents taught me not to eat too many sweets, which is a good thing since I could have eaten the whole cake. I never got the recipe from my grandma, and now she's 92 with dementia. Guess what? While I was on Pawleys in early August, Merritt Harrell made this cake, and I was so excited to finally get the recipe. I thought that I would share it with you. I would love to add your grandma's recipe to my blog, so send me a recipe that you think other people would enjoy. It doesn't even need to be your grandma's recipe.

Apricot Nectar Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
3/4 cup oil
3/4 cup apricot nectar
4 eggs
1 tbsp lemon extract

Mix the ingredients and beat for 4 minutes. Bake at 325 for 55 minutes.


Icing

Juice of 2 lemons
Whipped 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Let the cake cool 5-10 minutes. Then, poke holes in cake and drizzle the icing on.


No comments:

Post a Comment