Thursday, August 16, 2007

Hot, Hot, Hot

It is so hot right now. It's been hot since we went to Pawleys. I was hoping it would get better, but it's still really bad! Samuel and I took a stroll on Tues. and Wed. morning, but that was enough for me. Between the humidity and the heat, I couldn't take it again. Our humidity here makes it so much worse.

Another thing that concerns me is the fact that it's too hot for the county to spray for mosquitoes. They had been spraying via plane, but this weather is prohibiting it. The paper said they can't spray if it's more than 85. Samuel seems to get bitten as quickly as Jeremy does, and the poor thing has several bites now. It probably doesn't help my paranoia that a 7-year-old died about a week ago from a mosquito borne illness. Now I'm super paranoid about mosquitoes. YIKES!!!

Samuel is talking more each day. His latest words are: wa(tch), be(d), door, shoes. The reason I put parentheses around the consonants is that Samuel hasn't gotten them out yet. He's also saying some of the body parts like nose, head, and ear. The cutest thing he does is that he walks over to the refrigerator door when he wants a snack or milk and says, "door". He says "door" when he sees other doors too, but I think it's cute that he tries to get me to open then door to give him a drink or a snack. I've been teaching him to say, "open". Now he can say, "o".

If I haven't said it enough, let me repeat that Samuel LOVES books. His favorite thing to do these days is to take a book and sit on the bottom step of our staircase. It puts a smile on my face. His teacher and mother hopes he continues to love books. Yes, I'm going to be his teacher from now until he goes to college, and Jeremy is going to be the principal. I think Jeremy just wanted a title... I guess we'll call it Holloman Academy. :)



Jeremy is still on Pawleys and will be there for awhile. I was going to join him there for the weekend, but since he will have to work non-stop, that seemed like a long way to go to be alone. Jeremy has lots of work to do; unfortunately, it's 3 hours away from me and Samuel.... Not only that, but there is another dentist job in the works in Rock Hill, which is about 2 1/2 hours from here. That means even more time apart. During this time, all I can do is trust that the Lord knows best and has a plan in all of this. I definitely wasn't cut out to be a single parent. I'm just taking it one day at the time.

I'm going to start a list of our prayer requests in the right margin. If you feel led to pray for us, you can look there. I will keep it up to date. So many of you have been faithful to pray for us over the years, and we appreciate it! If you would like us to pray for you, please let us know via e-mail or comment. We would love to lift you up in prayer.

I just finished the Firstborn series by Karen Kingsbury and am taking a little break from reading. I watched a wonderful movie this afternoon after I put Samuel down for his nap. It's part of the Janette Oke -Love Comes Softly series. I ended up renting the 3rd and 4th ones since our library only had the first two movies. I loved the 3rd one and will probably watch the 4th one tomorrow while he naps. I recommend the 4 movies. They are on my Must See list in the right margin. They are good movies. Not only are they fun to watch, but they are also encouraging since they are Christian movies. If you're not into movies, you could always check the books out from the library or buy them online at Amazon or Half eBay. I love Amazon because shipping is free if you spend $25 on things strictly sold by Amazon. Half eBay is also a cheap place to buy books and many other things.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment