Wednesday, August 1, 2007

busy, busy, busy

We've been busy. On Monday morning, we were still getting ready for the Realtor Open House. Afterwards, we were pleased to hear that 17 realtors stopped by. They filled out comment sheets with a lot of positive comments and a few negative ones. There isn't much we can do about the fact we don't have a garage or that we have a small living room; although, after reading their remarks, we are considering staining the deck and are toying with the idea of adding screen to part of our porch. We will see....

Faye and Jack were in town until this morning, so we spent a good deal of time with them. We enjoyed their company! It was nice to have 8 days with them since most of the time they come for a long weekend.

Oh, yesterday while I was shopping at Wal-mart, Samuel was with Jeremy and learned how to climb up on the couch. I missed his first steps and now this... Here is proof that he was on his way. He tried to climb out of the rocking chair in his room. You can see his leg up. I took this on his 15-month birthday on Friday:



Yesterday after Samuel woke up from his 3-hour nap, Faye and I took him swimming, and we had a lot of fun. Samuel loves the water! It's amazing how he doesn't mind being taken under water. Also, at one point he saw his boat on the other side of the pool and acted like he was going to swim to it. I helped him "swim" to it on his belly. So cute! Once we got home from the pool, I made chicken tacos and Faye joined us for dinner. After dinner, I thought Samuel still seemed hungry, so I gave him a few bites of a tortilla. I turned around, and he grabbed the rest (the majority) of the tortilla and went to town. I have a video to prove it.



Jeremy and Spencer headed to Pawley's Island this afternoon, and Samuel and I will be going that way on Friday to spend a week at the beach and with Jeremy. Jeremy will be working, but it will be nice to have some time with him at lunch and at night. I prefer that over being alone at home. The bad news is that there is no internet access where we will be staying, so I won't have a chance to blog while we're gone. I will take lots of pictures and videos to share when we return.

I almost forgot. Samuel wanted to say "thanks" to Grand-Mom for the card she sent in the mail from San Francisco. He enjoyed his card and didn't want me to take it from him...



Have a blessed day,
Marianna

No comments:

Post a Comment