Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Vacation Rentals By Owner

Have you ever used VRBO to find a vacation rental? I've used it twice. The first time I found a oceanfront rental only 30 minutes from our house as a surprise when Jeremy returned from a mission trip to Honduras in February. We were very pleased with the rental and the fact that they were offering a special of 3 nights for the price of 2 nights made it even better. We had a blast! Jeremy and I really needed to have that time "alone". I say "alone" because we took Samuel with us (as I will do with any nursing baby). He was napping twice a day back then, so that gave us plenty of time together.

A few days ago I decided to look for a rental in Chattanooga. I'm going to be in a wedding, and the thought of staying in a hotel room with Samuel stresses me out. Samuel is at the age where he is VERY aware of his surroundings, and he doesn't do well with Mommy and Daddy sleeping a few feet away from him. He thinks it's time to play. Well, I'm not worried about it anymore because I found a super rental on VRBO for the price of a hotel room. It's described as "Trendy Downtown Bungalow". It's a 2-bedroom house very close to downtown Chattanooga. I was born in Chattanooga, lived there until I was 2 yrs. old, and can't remember the last time I was there. I imagine that it's been 25 yrs.. My mom is supposed to give me directions to the places we lived, so I should be able to see them again. We're also going to spend an extra night in order to be able to take Samuel to the Tennessee Aquarium and a children's museum that's near the aquarium. We're looking forward to our trip!

So, consider VRBO the next time you are planning a vacation. There are rentals worldwide, and I have been pleased to find nice accommodations for a good price. You can rent anything from a tiny studio to a mansion.

One last thing- If you're looking for a place on the beach, a friend of ours has something you might consider. It's on Fripp Island, SC, and it sleeps 2-4 people. Check it out.
It's great for a family with children old enough to go to sleep with Mom and Dad in the room. :) (Not where we are right now.) It's great too for a married couple wanting a little getaway.

Happy Vacationing!

1 comment:

  1. you have to go to the blue plate while you are there. it is on the water right next to the aquarium.

    http://www.theblueplate.info/site/menu_detail.php

    to see the menu. i got the (boneless) fried chicken, creamed corn and mashed potatoes. oh my goodness it is so tasty! i read about it in the july issue of southern living. it has a really good article on chattanooga and all of the family friendly things to do. have fun!

    ReplyDelete