Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Something new for me

Since I became a Mom 17 months ago, I haven't been to a Bible study. That changed today. My church offers a women's Bible study twice a month. Last year Samuel napped during that time, so I decided not to attend. This year Samuel is down to one nap and doesn't go down for that nap until about 12:00, so I am happy to be able to go. Today was a good experience for both of us.. I know he had a blast playing in the nursery, and I learned a lot through my pastor's wife's teachings as well as my small group time.

It's interesting how God works in our lives. Last night I had a bad night because I was worried about Jeremy. I had several nightmares and was concerned for his safety. Jeremy was in Fort Mill, SC all day yesterday and into the morning hours. He was supposed to be leaving around 10PM last night, but that didn't happen. I woke up in a panic around 2:30 AM. Jeremy wasn't home, and on top of that, I couldn't get him on his cell phone for like 10 minutes straight. I was a nervous wreck. I was crying and on the verge of calling the builder he works for when I finally got through to Jeremy. He had stopped at a gas station and had left his phone in the car. I can't tell you how worried I was before I heard his voice. I had pictured him dead on the side of the road. Today during the Bible study, something my pastor's wife said made me realize that I had forgotten God's promises last night. I chose to let my mind wander instead of giving it to God and resting on His promises. I know from the Bible that the Lord is with us and protecting us, so why did I not think of that when Jeremy wasn't home yet? I was wasting my time worrying when I should have been praying and thanking God for keeping Jeremy safe.

To close, that doesn't mean that we should put ourselves in dangerous situations just because God is protecting us. I told Jeremy that I want him to stay put if it's late. I don't care if he has to pay for a hotel room because I know it's the smart thing to do. Plus, that way he comes home rested. Today he has been miserable since he didn't get home until 4:15 AM and only slept a few hours. He tried to fall back to sleep once I left for Bible Study, but that didn't work. He ended up in bed at 7PM tonight. My sleeping beauty. I pray he gets a good night's sleep. He needs it!

On that note, I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment