Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Chili and cornbread for chilly days

This is my 2nd post of the day.

I just love good chili and cornbread when it's cold like it is today. I thought I would share my recipes with you.

First of all, the chili is so easy. I found a recipe on the back of a Bush's bean can one day when I was in Wal-mart, but I adapted it to make it easier for me. You could add onion and pepper if you like. I just prefer not to hassle with it.

Chili

Brown 1 lb. ground beef and drain. Pour it into a large pot and add the following ingredients: 1 chili seasoning mix package (I use mild), 1 can corn (drained), 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 can tomato paste, 1 can dark red kidney beans (I only use one can, but you could use two), and 1 cup of water. Bring to boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!!!

Cornbread

The cornbread is a recipe I got from All Recipes. It's called Homesteader Cornbread. Not only is it easy, but it is delicious! Make sure that you buy corn meal. It's easy to get confused and buy corn meal mix. Just wanted to warn you... It says that it takes 15 minutes to prepare, but I can do it in less than 10 minutes. So simple... It makes me want to make some.

No comments:

Post a Comment