Friday, November 30, 2007

Sugar cookie recipe and icing recipe

I found a good sugar cookie recipe in a Parenting magazine this week. I thought I would share it with you. Here it is. I have to admit that I tried to roll and cut my cookies before the dough was hard enough, so I gave up and formed little circles. I need to practice that. I've never used cookie cutters before... I bought a ton of cookie cutters because I planned on making this a tradition with our children, so I need to figure it out!

In addition, Monica shared an icing recipe on her blog awhile back, so I dug that up and used it. I can't believe how easy it was to make homemade icing. Why didn't I think of this sooner???
Here is her icing recipe (I couldn't link to the icing post alone):


3 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. shortening
1 tsp. vanilla
Small drops of milk gradually added

Food coloring as desired

Mix all ingredients to the desired consistency with a hand mixer. This amount will frost one batch of sugar cookies or cupcakes or will fill and frost a two-layer 9 inch round cake (thin layer).
*************************************************************************************

I just found an overnight coffee cake recipe and am going to try it out tonight to take to a breakfast tomorrow. We're going to Bluffton to a friend's church for breakfast and then to a parade. It should be fun! I will share the recipe if it is any good!

Don't forget to read the post below this one!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you tried the icing! Hope you liked it - it is our favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete