Monday, November 26, 2007

the pregnancy journey, big news, and prayer requests

I'm 10 weeks pregnant, which means that I'm a 1/4 of the way to delivering our baby. I don't know how I'm going to wait 30 more weeks to meet the baby, but I guess I really don't have a say in the matter... It is very exciting to think about that day!

My morning sickness is basically late morning, afternoon, and evening sickness. I am hoping that I will be better by 14 weeks. The fatigue is also hard when you're chasing a toddler around. I try to go to bed early if I don't get a nap. These days I have a hard time falling asleep in the middle of the day.

BIG NEWS---Over the holidays, we agreed on baby names. Since the middle names aren't set in stone, I won't include them. Vance is our boy name, and Kylee is our girl name. Vance is Jeremy's middle name, which I've always loved. Kylee is a name I came across and liked. Our middle names will be family names, and we will share once we know the sex, which should be in the middle of February.

Prayer requests:

1. Please pray for Samuel, me, and the baby. Jeremy no longer has work in town, so we are spending most of our time apart. Thankfully I have my parents in town, but no one can replace my husband... Those pregnancy hormones are definitely making me sad. I miss Jeremy so much when he's gone.

2. We SO need to sell our house. We have no offers or offers in the works. Please pray for the perfect buyer to come our way. Jeremy and I don't want to have to rent the house, but we will end up doing that if we don't have a buyer in the next few months. Our latest 3 month contract is up on February 23. That will mark 9 months on the market, so we feel like we would need to take it off at that point. Please pray that it doesn't come to that. As we tell our realtor, we are willing to negociate, but it's hard to do that when you don't get any offers... Just pray that God will send someone with an offer or show us what to do with this house.

3. Please pray for Vance or Kylee as he or she grows in the womb.

4. Jeremy and Spencer are looking for more work. Please pray for the Lord to lead them to the right people.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting...we STILL can't decide on a name! Will keep praying for a buyer for that house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting...we STILL can't decide on a name! Will keep praying for a buyer for that house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both of those names. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It probably took me about 1 hour to make the 50-60 servings. But I wasn't working the entire hour. All you have to do is steam the squash (about 15-20 minutes) and then stick it in a blender with some water. I cooked sweet potatoes in the microwave for maybe 15 minutes (i'd have to read the recipe again) and then threw them in a blender with some water. And then, for the bananas and avocado...no cooking required. Just throw them in a blender with some water. It really is easy. Other fruits will have to be cooked though as they're harder on the stomach. Once he's tried all these, I'm going to make some more other kinds of stuff.

    ReplyDelete