Thursday, March 20, 2008

Are you sure this isn't Honduras????

A few things in our new house remind me of the good ole days in Honduras:

1. 2 dishwashers (Jeremy and Marianna) - We've been washing dishes by hand since we moved in. The dishwasher should be fixed next week. I lived 2 years without one in Honduras, but now that I've got a child, it's hard to imagine life without one...

2. no water pressure- Apparently we live in an area that is known for it's bad water pressure. This was commonplace in Honduras because of water shortages, but I never imagined it could be a problem in the US. It takes forever to fill the washing machine and to fill up Samuel's bathtub...

3. all wood or tile floors (except for Samuel's room)- It makes you realize just how dirty carpet is.... No joke! It also makes you run out and get a Swiffer WetJet for your own sanity. Oh, and just like in Honduras, I never walk around barefoot. Why? Because I don't have the time to mop each day, and I can't stand dirt on my feet. If I do end up barefoot, I grab a baby wipe to use once I'm about to put my feet in the bed.

4. mice among us- Thank the Lord that I haven't seen any, but they are definitely out there since they chewed a hole through the dishwasher motor. There were also droppings in the cabinets and possibly in the vent covers.

All that being said, we do like this house and hope to live here for 2-3 years. These are just some minor things that I am having to "get over".

Oh, and Samuel went down much easier yesterday and this afternoon. Thank the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment