Sunday, June 15, 2008

in 5 days or less

This picture was taken on May 31 at my dad's retirement party. It was my first outing since May 7th. It was funny to hear people's reaction when I told them that Vance was due in 23 days. Nobody seemed to believe that I was that close... I sure felt that close even then!

Today's update-

My body is definitely getting ready to have this baby. Several times this week I thought that I was in labor. I was even timing contractions the night before last in the middle of the night...

I go back to the doctor tomorrow morning. Since I was a good 3 cm a week ago, she told me to pack my bags because she's sending me straight to the hospital if I'm 4 cm. If I'm not 4 cm, then we will schedule my induction for Friday. I assume that means spending Thursday night in the hospital and then being induced on Friday morning. My mom is spending the weekend with my dad and will be back here tomorrow morning, so she will be here for all of the upcoming excitement. Vance will arrive in 5 days or less. It's so hard to believe!

4 comments:

  1. Very exciting! A mom and dad of two in just a short while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're gonna have to change the name of your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i will be praying for a safe and easy delivery and a healthy baby! praise God for this amazing gift of life! lora

    ReplyDelete
  4. For anyone checking...
    Vance Thomas was born at 4:23 p.m. today, Monday, June 16th. He weighs 8lbs. 3 oz., is 20 inches and has peach fuzz for hair. Marianna tearfully called him a miracle baby as he had the cord wrapped around his neck twice and there was a knot in it as well.

    ReplyDelete