Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Muffin recipe

This morning I made some muffins using a recipe I found on a blog. I am guilty of not writing down the name of that blog. If this is your recipe, thanks! Jeremy doesn't care for cinnamon sugar, which I think is the best part, so he passed. Samuel and I enjoyed them though! These muffins remind me of donuts. YUMMY!!!

Feather Light Muffins

1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups cake flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup milk

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup butter, melted

In a mixing bowl, cream shortening, sugar and egg. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fill greased muffin tins two-thirds full. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 3 to 4 minutes. Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Roll warm muffins in melted butter, then in sugar mixture. Serve warm.

Yields 8 to 10 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment