Tuesday, August 19, 2008

2 Month Well Visit

















Vance had his 2 month well visit today since the office wasn't open on the actual day.

Here are his stats:

Weight: 12 lb. 5 oz. (75th percentile)
Length: 25 in. (97th percentile)
Head: 16 in. (70th percentile)

The doctor was pleased with his progress. He is growing like a weed! He's got some rolls on his thighs that Samuel didn't have, but I think they're cute! As far as the reflux goes, we aren't convinced that the Prevacid is making a difference, so we will probably take him off it and see how he does without medication. The doctor said to look at it as an experiment and put him back on if we feel like he was better on it. In case you were wondering, Prevacid is not harmful to babies or children and can be taken for 5 years if needed. The doctor said their are no long term consequences, which makes me happy because I had thought about that and have heard people talk bad about using it on a baby. Oh, and Jeremy stayed for Vance's shots while I took Samuel to the waiting room to wait. I CAN'T handle seeing my children in pain and have always left for shots. I love it that Jeremy is always ready and eager to go with me to their doctor's visits if at all possible. (Thanks, Jeremy! It makes me happy because it shows how much you care about their growth and development! Love you!)


Asleep and smiling...




1 comment:

  1. Did ya'll get a new camera? The pictures are cute.

    I always like going back and seeing what Bryce's stats were. Here are his 2 month...funny that our Dr. said 25inches was 95%...just goes to show statistics don't mean a whole lot.

    WEIGHT:
    14 lbs. 13 oz - 95%
    HEIGHT:
    25 inches – 95%
    HEAD:
    16.5 - 85%

    Here's to hoping he'll do fine off the medicine.

    ReplyDelete